Dear Wonderful, Creative You:
On Friday, June 28th, we will gather together for an online retreat experience, diving into shapes and marks to create beautiful patterns. We will play with color, brushes, pens, and our journal pages to create unique, nature-inspired patterns.
I’ll show you how to source imagery and shapes from nature and your own mark making play.
This is going to be a very fun, playful, and expansive retreat where we gather together to create in a circle of supportive women. These women’s creative circles are so important to me. They rejuvenate and refuel our creative wells, and give us the support we need to create our best, most expressive art.
Our Day: 12pm – 5pm EST on ZOOM!
Our time together will be playful, reflective, and painty! In preparation for the retreat, you’ll collect nature-based patterns that inspire you from the nature, textiles, wallpapers, and anywhere you can!
- Mark making and shape play and exploration
- Drawing repetitive forms
- Painted patterns – loose and more precise
- Softening to embrace the beauty of imperfection and the joy of the creative process
- Breaking bread together: Halfway through our retreat, we will share a snack or meal (remotely) as a community. It’s a time to connect in a new way, get to know each other, and laugh.
What Students Are Saying About Mindful Art Online Retreats:
“I really enjoy group art work and have a difficult time finding others. Sometimes we have to go a little further to find our tribe which the internet has successfully been able to do 🙂 My own creativity has been sparked. Friday’s retreat grounded me in knowing that creativity does not need to be bogged down by supplies. In using a few good quality items we were able to get off the ground to engage in the creative process of mystery. Thank you for that.” – Pamela Swafford
“I like how so many of us women are now able to come to the table together and not make excuses for what we are producing. I used to think that being vulnerable could be a weakness. Now I look at vulnerability in my art more as a strength. I am ‘allowed’ to be vulnerable to my art. It makes me stronger. My art feels stronger. I am happier with my art as well. There is strength in women!” – Deborah Wakefield
Pattern Play Materials
For this retreat, you’ll need to bring the following materials:
- Sketchbook for drawing and watercolor, I like using quality journals that don’t buckle and help me feel successful like Moleskine and Strathmore
- Micron drawing pen Size 03 or Pitt pen
- Watercolor paints OR Watercolor markers and Brush
- Medium sized round brush or Chinese calligraphy brush
- Gel pens
Click here to register!
The investment for your experience is $89. You can register here.
No refunds will be granted, regardless of reason. If I have to cancel for any reason, your money will be refunded.
*The links provided here are affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, if you choose to click and purchase something, you will be supporting the work of Mindful Art Studio to empower the artist in everyone. Thank you!