My Favorite Art Journaling Supplies
Hello Wonderful, Creative You:
It’s always fun to know what art journaling supplies other artists are using, isn’t it? Working with new art journaling supplies gives me such a kick of inspiration. Does it work that way for you too? And if you are new to art journaling and creative self-care techniques, it’s so much easier to get started if someone you know gives you suggestions. (Even if we only know each other in that internet-art-buddy kinda way. I’ve made some real friends on the internet because of art – you know who you are!)
Of course, the art journaling supplies I use rotate a bit – keeping things fresh is part of what keeps me inspired, but I wanted to share some of the goodies that are consistently in heavy rotation in my art journaling work.
A List of My Favorite Art Journaling Supplies
- Moleskine Art Plus 3.5 x 5.5 pocket journal – A small journal fits in your purse so you can create in short bursts
- Moleskine accordion fold journal – This one folds out to one long page. Here’s a sample.
- Strathmore watercolor journal– This art journal has nice hefty pages.
- Golden high flow acrylic paints – Obsessed! These paints inspire loose, playful pages.
- Windsor & Newton Galeria acrylic paints- These are a good medium grade acrylic paint
- Artist’s Loft Watercolor Pan Set – So cheap and yet so fun on art journal pages!
- Windsor & Newton Watercolor Tubes – For a better quality watercolor paint
- Liquitex gesso – I use gesso in place of white paint to keep pages from sticking sometimes
Pens: All these pens are super fun for writing over paint!
- Higgins India Ink – Ink is fun to smear around on the page
- Koi water brush – great for portable art kits
- Loew Cornell brushes for acrylic paint
- Bamboo watercolor brush
Glue / Adhesive:
Stamp Cutting Materials:
Portable Art Kit Pouches
Free Art Journaling Class
If you want to start and art journal but feel overwhelmed, or you need a good dose of inspiration, check out one of my free art journaling class.
What supplies can’t you live without in your art journal? Tell us about it in the comments!
*The links in this post are affiliate links. If you choose to click on them and purchase something, you’ll be supporting the work of Mindful Art Studio at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
Join my newsletter for weekly inspiration, workshops, and ways to connect to nature through art.