In Pattern Play, we dive into shapes and marks to create beautiful patterns. We will play with color, brushes, pens, and our journal pages to create unique, nature-inspired patterns.
I’ll show you how to source imagery and shapes from nature and your own mark making play.
Whether you can’t attend one of Amy’s live retreats due to time constraints or you enjoy working solo, these PDFs give you all of the exercises that Amy uses in her live online retreats for you to use in your own serene, playful way. You’ll see how much you can stretch your art practice with these fun experiments. Let’s create!
For this workshop, you’ll need to bring the following materials:
- Sketchbook for drawing and watercolor, I like using quality journals that don’t buckle and help me feel successful like Moleskine and Strathmore
- Micron drawing pen Size 03 or Pitt pen
- Watercolor paints OR Watercolor markers and Brush
- Medium sized round brush or Chinese calligraphy brush
- India ink, Acrylic ink, or high flow acrylic paint in 1 color
- Gel pens