Choosing from the Heart with Connie Solera
Dear Wonderful, Creative You:
I’m excited to be brining you this conversation with Connie Solera of Dirty Footprints Studio on the merits of choosing from the heart, both in her life and in art. We talk about how art helps us know ourselves and our needs. I especially loved her insight about how getting to know your own creative process is one of the most important ways to diminish the power of the inner critic. You can learn more by tuning in here. I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did.
- Learn more about 21 Secrets’ final season: Tell Your Story.
- Check out my class Fluid Art, which will help you get really creative in small chunks of time.
- One of the easiest ways to stay engaged creatively each day is with the Small Creative Acts Challenge
- See what Roxanne Coble of by bun.com has to say about confronting fear in her art.
- Watch this video on how art journaling heals.
- If you’d like to give or receive one of my classes as a gift, I offer gift cards for my classes here.
How are you showing up to your art process? What do you need in order to show up if you haven’t been lately? Tell us about it in the comments and share this post with anyone who might need a creative boost.
What a rich and inspiring interview! Thanks to both of you fur being who you are and doing what you do!
Laura – Thank you so much for tuning in and letting us know it spoke to you. It makes me so happy to know!
I found this interview so inspiring. Just listening to yours and Connie’s stories was comforting. I admire the courage of artists such as yourself who has the bravery to follow their hearts and to be true to their passion.
I am at a cross roads in my life right now, and I found wisdom in your post.
A few weeks ago on my blog, I wrote about living with mental illness and how important art has been in my life.
My takeaway from your post is that I should validate myself as an artist, and to stay true.
Thank you so much!
This is such a meaningful comment. I am so happy that you found wisdom in this conversation. Thank you so much for watching and for taking the time to comment.