Art Journaling for Anxiety: Dwelling in the Mystery
I’ve been trying to find the words to describe why working abstract, with no plan, and letting go of the outcome is such a mindful, exciting, and yet calming experience all at once. It’s one of my main forms of creative self-care these days, and really helps when I feel anxiety. I’m so excited to share how I use art journaling for anxiety.
Please be sure to share it with your friends and anyone who could use a little help “ARTing it out” right now.
- Start your creative self-care practice by getting your Free Guide to Creative Self-Care.
- Learn more about art journaling.
- Practice mindful drawing for anxiety.
- Make an easy and fun journal background.
- Or, make a background using tissue paper and water.
- Dive into the flow of art journaling with this amazingly fun class: Fluid Art.
- Journal to clear your mind and banish perfectionism with my class: Freeing the Muse.
- Learn to use art journaling as a form of creative self-care: Starting Your Art Journal.
- Get your hands on those high flow liquid acrylics here*.
- Read more about the work I do at Mindful Art Studio here.
[bctt tweet=”For someone who is anxious, to see the unknown not as something scary, but as an adventure, is amazing. #selfcare #artjournal” username=”amymaricle”]
DISCLOSURE: The information described here is not art therapy. This post is for informational purposes and should not be considered a substitute for medical or psychological evaluation or treatment. Please seek advice from a mental health professional in your area if you are experiencing mental health challenges. You can find an art therapist in your area by searching here.
*The link provided is an affiliate link. If you choose to click and purchase something, at no extra cost to you, you will contribute to the work of Mindful Art Studio. Thank you!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.