5 for 5 Self-Care Challenge: Get Outside
Dear Wonderful, Creative You:
It’s the last day of the challenge! How has your week been? I have been loving the connection, engagement, and stories that you have shared. I’m always so inspired by you during these challenges.
Today’s challenge is to go outside, even just for 5 minutes. I know it might not seem worth it to go outside for just 5 minutes, but my experience is that if you approach it intentionally, it can be a powerful tool for relaxation and connection to the natural world.
How to Relax Outside in 5 Minutes
- Sit under a tree. Gaze at the leaves above you and watch the sunlight filtering through.
- Pick a leaf. Set a timer for 5 minutes and get to know your leaf really, really well. See if you can get familiar with each curve, vein, and color variation. See more about gazing meditation in this post.
- Lay in the grass and look at the clouds. When was the last time you did that? Can you still find dragons and butterflies?
- Practice experiencing the moment through your 5 senses – feel the sun on your skin, the breeze tickling your cheek, listen for birds, and smell the freshly cut grass.
- Do something you always loved to do outside as a kid: find a blade of grass and make it squeak, jump in rain puddles, turn in circles until you get dizzy, run down a hill, or anything else that strikes your fancy.
[bctt tweet=”Be 5 again: Jump in puddles, turn in circles until you’re dizzy, or run down a hill.”]
Loving this Community?
You can get your copy of Starting Your Art Journal for just $3 and join the Google + community of the same name to share ideas, questions, and your art work. Click here to learn more.
Comment to Win!
You’ve got to comment to be entered to win the Starting Your Art Journal e-book or the portable art kit. Will you share about your experience getting outside today?
For official rules and more information, click here.