Dear Wonderful, Creative You:
The last six months have been such an amazing time for me artistically. In the inevitable ebb and flow that any artist goes through, I’ve been enjoying a flow like I’ve never experienced before. I thought you might enjoy hearing some of what’s been working for me.
For sure, my biggest secret and advice to you has not changed: Get in your studio and make something, your art is not going to make itself. Make some studio time for yourself today, even if it’s sitting on a park bench, drawing for 10 minutes. As with any practice, it’s the practice of showing up even when you don’t feel like it that helps you improve and find more pleasure in the process.
- You can find that amazing mandala book I showed you here: The Mandala Book
- The paints I use to create these “mini masterpieces” are Golden High Flow Acrylics
- For the accordion journals, I use Strathmore Mixed Media paper
- I’m in love with these hole punches for making windows in my journals and all sorts of other fun tricks
- To see a completed tunnel journal in action, check out this Art Journal Flip Through
- You might also enjoy this video about Art Journaling for Anxiety
- Or, check out this post on How Even Non-Artists Can Use Art Journaling to Relieve Stress
I hope you find yourself digging for inspiration and letting it through in your art. Drop into the comments and let us know what’s capturing your interest. I want to connect with you! You can also find me on Pinterest and Instagram.
*Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. That means if you choose to click a link and purchase something, at no extra cost to you, you will support the work of Mindful Art Studio to empower the artist in all of us. Thank you!