Hello Wonderful, Creative You:
I’m so excited to share my studio tour with you today! Creating a space for your art making is one of the single most important creative self-care habits I teach students at Mindful Art Studio. Even if you think you have no space at all, you can still CREATE some space. You can learn more about creating a small art studio at home in this post.
A studio space should also be ORGANIZED and INSPIRING. As part of my own creative self-care, I recently cleared out some supplies I wasn’t using, moved things around, and bought paint shelves. I can’t wait to show it to you in this studio tour video. AAAAAND… if you look sharp, you might see a few sneak peeks of the new class I’m planning. I can’t share anything yet, but stay tuned. If you’d like to see the classes I’m currently offering, click here.
Studio Tour – How to create an organized, inspiring art studio:
- Display your own art; it will encourage you to keep going.
- Showcase natural materials for inspiration. I keep shells, dried seeds, and stones on my table.
- Keep an open, inviting table space so that you can get right to work.
- Leave art out that is in process to tempt you to add to it.
- PURGE! When drawers, containers or shelves are over-full, it’s time to purge! If you haven’t used it, you probably won’t. Clear your drawer to make space for inspiration.
- Use jars to organize groups of supplies like pens, brushes, oil pastels, and markers.
- Keep small, pretty boxes full of collage bits for journals.
- Hang shelves for supplies near your work area to keep frequently used supplies, like paint, gesso, and gel medium, at arm’s reach.
- Make an inspiration cork board with pretty postcards and inspiring pictures.
- Keep art books nearby on a bookshelf to see inspiring ideas and pictures.
- Maintain multiple journals at once to keep from feeling tight or stale. You can give them different purposes, like sketching, collage, painting, and brainstorming ideas, or just mix it up in them all at once.
An organized studio will invite you to create often. #artstudiotour Click To Tweet Keep frequently used supplies at hand while leaving enough space at your table to invite you in.… Click To Tweet Studio tour! Check out Mindful Art Studio's creative art supply storage solutions! Click To Tweet
What are the must have’s in your art studio? Any great tips I’ve missed? And what’s on your art supply wish list? Tell us about it in the comments!
* Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to click and purchase something, at no extra cost to you, you’ll be supporting the work of Mindful Art Studio to empower the artist in all of us. Thank you!