Or, scroll down to learn more:
- Are you looking for a healthy, fun outlet for stress at the end of the day?
- Would you like to turn off your busy mind and create just for the fun of it?
- Do you wish you could create freely, without the tyranny of perfectionism, comparisons, and negative thinking?
Creative self-care is one of the #1 stress busting tools in my life, and these tools can teach you to use art in the same way.
I know you might not think of yourself as an artist, or even as “creative,” but I know you are creative.
As children, we all freely express ourselves through the arts. Chances are, even if you don’t remember it now, you danced, sang, told stories, and drew to understand the world, yourself, and your feelings.
Art is a natural coping tool because it engages all different parts of your brain and body. This is holistic catharsis. But perhaps as you grew up, you got the message that your art wasn’t “good enough” to continue creating, and you left this powerful tool for healing behind.
Freeing the Muse is an online art class that teaches courageous, expressive art making. I will lead you step by step through a fun, creative process that will help you relieve stress, have fun, and develop an outlet for self-expression. You don’t need any special art “talent” to use art for self-expression and to take care of your feelings, just a little courage to begin.
- What if I told you that creative self-care is about creating without pressure to make “art?”
- What if I said your job in creative self-care is to experiment and tune into a mindful experience of art making, and let go of creativity-killing perfectionism?
- What would happen if you made art for the joy of it?
In this class, we’ll use inventive, playful techniques using your fingers, string, and anything that’s available to trick your inner critic out of stopping creativity and empower the muse to fuel it.
With Freeing the Muse, you’ll get:
- An hour of step-by-step video instruction full of fun, creative stress-busting art techniques
- My “cheatsheets,” with concrete ideas on how to “play” in art and let go of perfectionism
- Inspiration photos to get you started
- Access to a private Facebook group full of other inspired and aspiring creatives
- Lifetime access to our private Freeing the Muse class page
Join me and be prepared to bypass the inner critic and express and explore yourself.
Praise for Freeing the Muse:
DISCLAIMER: This online art class is not art therapy. For more information on art therapy and finding a trained, board certified art therapist in your area, visit the American Art Therapy Association.